Thursday, June 12, 2008

bikes...

I had always loved motorcycles... been riding since when i was 15. The 1st bike tried was a Yamaha RXS. it came with a clutch and i accidently wheelied it the moment i let the clutch go (too..fast) :)

then there was a Suzuki cub, 80cc belonging to a my fellow librarian friend which i crashed into the mesh fencing and sprained my left wrist (not fully recovered till today). went for a joy ride and was too fast to negociate a turn, understeered and went for the fence.

other bike that I have tested at that time were RXZ, Honda Fame, Honda Raider, Yamaha Cubs and of course Dad's Kawasaki Honey, which i occasionally "borrowed" for joy rides around school compound.

immediately when i turned 16, i took 'L' license and subsequently the full B2 license. that allows me to ride anything below 250cc. then, i was ride legally on the road on my dad's & friend's bikes. Mom & Dad never really agreed to get me a bike for 2 reasons... financial & safety. it was only when Uncle Loh offered to sponsor me RM1500 to get a bike that my dream came alive.

Being in Penang, Honda is naturally the main choice. I have narrowed it to either a Raider or a Raider Super Sprint (if i remember correctly, RM3.3k vs RM3.8k) i had to dig into my savings plus a bit of sponsorship from Mom to finally own a Raider Super Sprint... PBH9098.. i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment